Friday 25 March 2011

It Was T H I S Big

Check this video I found on YouTube. I'd seriously hate to be the Mullet! Which by the way is apparently 50cm itself. The guys estimated the Bass to be in the 130cm mark!!!!


There have been a few reports of Bass starting to take lures, so hopefully I'll see some action on the planned trip for tomorrow. I'm on the hunt for a lunker this season, with a set target of 70cm. A big fish, but a definite possibility if I find the rite ground - I've got a feeling it's going to be from a nasty, weedy reef somewhere. I guess time will tell eh.

The Pollack are definitely showing a better size still, with many fish over the pound pulling our strings in flowing current. Last night a few of us fished a relatively new mark (for light game) in Plymouth and it was absolutely alive with fish. Decent schools of Smelt, Mullet and even Launce under our feet, plenty of food for lurking predators.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your trip. Seems like with the economy my time has been so tied up with my business Ablaze Home Improvement Siding that I haven't had the time for fun lately.
    I just followed you and I just started my new blog and would appreciate you coming by and follow. Maybe we can keep up with what each is doing. Thanks.
    Craig

    ReplyDelete